Thursday, November 12, 2009

THANK U, JESUS!!!!

There are so many things i am thankful for... because when you sit and think about it, the world is a freaky place. There are so many crazy and horrible things that happen to so many people, but it's distant for me for now, by God's grace. Sure, i've had my fair share of why-does-the-world-keep-spinning-when-its-stopped-for-me moments, and i've experienced some things that ppl go on tv and talk about, but i'm here! i'm alive, healthy, cared for, loved! Sometimes i stop what i'm doing and literally pray, "Thank you, Jesus. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you." And it might sound dumb, but i say thank you when i read about people getting mauled by chimps. I say thank you when i watch the latest developments in North Korea, because God decided to allow my parents to escape Pyongyang. (Otherwise i may have been born in North Korea and been brainwashed up the wazoo and become one of those little korean gymnasts that flips for the Leader). I say thank you when i think about getting my passport in the mail exactly one day before a flight to the Caribbean for vacation. I say thank you every time i wake up from a nightmare about Mimi being nearly killed in front of my eyes--He caught my sparrow from falling from the sky. When i think of the horrible things, i give thanks. When things are going swell, i say thanks. This sounds crazy, but even while i am experiencing horrible things, i say thanks. Trust me, it's hard and sometimes i don't feel it, i just say it. Because God must have a reason for everything; and allow whatever happens in my life--whether awesome or craptastical--to happen for a purpose that i don't understand, that i could never understand because i am puny and God is God.

1 comment: