Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving My Kittens!

I may be a shot nazi...but tonight...I was the one being forced to take shot after shot. By whom you ask?? My Uncle. I can't ever say no to him and he's a professional drinker. At this very moment, I have a double shot of vodka in my hand and things are getting fuzzy. I'm typing very carefully so I won't make any grammatical errors.

My uncle's in town from Korea. He's my mum's eldest brother and he's also the most gangsterish too. He's the ultimate man's man. the definition of an alpha male. He even looks like a werewolf. Everytime he comes to visit, we crack open a bottle and talk about all my adventures. My uncle has great insight on men. He and all his buddies get together once a week, camp out in the mountains, eat meat, drink, and smoke themselves into oblivion and talk. He loves asking about my love life. According to him, I should always update him on the guys in my life and he can weed out the bad ones....after all, he used to be one of them.

A reformed napeun sheki's views on life, love and other disasters:

- Play all you want when you're young. How else will you know what kind of man you're really looking for? Date all different types of guys because you'd be surprised at who you really end up loving and marrying.

- A real man should be able to drink. He should be able to handle his liquor and not turn into a ridiculous fool when wasted. It's imperative that he be able to handle his intake. And he must must must be able to drink more than the girl.

- You can always see a man's true colors when he's drunk.

- When you think of the man u want to marry, your first instinct is to look at appearance, wealth, education...etc. Girls fail to realize that the things that they look for in a husband are things that husbands look for in a wife too. But at the end of the day, the most important thing is truly loving that person. When you truly love someone, everything else comes into place. But if you marry for money, or to make pretty babies, or even up your status, you won't be happy and something will always seem like it's missing.

It will be thanksgiving soon, so i'd like to take a second to tell you some of the things i'm thankful for. I will always feel blessed to have the outlook I do on life. It's disgustingly optimistic. I'm thankful for having the world's best family. I love my mum. She's the best person I know. My mum is a spitfire of a woman and I will forever try to follow in her footsteps and be exactly like her. I love my sister. She's the only person that understands me through and through. She is able to put up with all my idiosyncrasies; she is my heart and i cannot survive in this world without her. My brother is and always will be the constant man in my life. He puts me in place and always defends and protects me, even if i'm in the wrong. I'm thankful for the relationships i've formed in my 25 years of living. I"m so lucky to have an arsenal of such an eclectic plethora of kindred spirits. Every single day is an adventure. My crazy rollercoaster charmed life could not be any more grand. My, i'm blessed.

xoxo, Astrid

P.S. My Uncle's a smart one. He dragged me outside to have a ciggie
with him. oh gah. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment