Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Thrills, Kills, & Sunday Pills

Over the weekend ~out of sheer curiosity~ I scampered into an old renovated bank building on Spring Street in downtown LA.  A beautiful building.  I was totally drawn to it.  
An hour later I leapt out from behind the gated doors like a gazelle and did an impromptu pirouette with a huge smile on my face and a signed lease agreement in my bag.  Talk about impulse buy. So now after 2 nomadic months, i finally have a place that's all my own and somewhere to put myself and six boxes of clothes.  I guess i'm no longer a gypsy living out of a 4runner.  I have my own little asylum:  my brand new peapod!  I immediately fell in love with the space.  It's cozy, vibrant, colorful, and surrounded by action!  And without thinking logically or feeling the slightest afraid of commitment, I signed on the dotted line without looking...kinda like Ariel did on Ursula's contract!  She's got legs!  and because i love you readers so much, i even took out my camera and snapped some quick pix for u all.  <3
********************************
the lobby


my hallway


my front door (u didn't think i'd show you my addy, didja? ^_^)


where i notsleep at night...


my el bano


where i not-cook and microwave stuffs...


living room-y area i guess


where i stash my clothes and stuffs
 my sink and bathroom again...cuz i love the color.


How very grown up and at the same time totally childish of me!  My sister yelled at me over the phone shortly after because I went alone... and signing leases is one of the things on our list of adult activities that totally and utterly requires supervision.  But it felt amazing afterwards.  It felt electric!!!  Now I'm really stuck in LA, unless I intend on becoming a fugitive and fleeing from my landlord...which does sound kinda fun...doesn't it??!! Anyone want to be my Clyde for the summer?

Work continues to be long hours, but I don't mind it at all.  The routine: breakfast at urth caffe, the warehouse till 7, dinner at yougurtland...oh!  Here's the cute building right across from my work that i see everyday.  I like looking at it so much i decided to snap it while on my smoke break.  Isn't it cute as a button?
 
So!  Now that my home is set, time to hunt down the boys!  *wiggles eyebrows*

BTW, Dokemon says that love 'n marriage and having babies is all about the science of producing genetically superior babies. Maybe this is a guy mentality?  Is this why all the really super cool, bad boy-esque dudes tend to end up with the plain janes??  Because they want to make superior babies??  cuz the crazies like us (me and my sis) have wrecked our bodies and would spurt out sexyzombies?
Dokemon EDIT!!!:  BTW, Dokemon says that love 'n marriage and having babies is all about the science of producing genetically superior babies. Maybe this is a guy mentality? [FALSE, this is not a guy mentality, rather the understood objective] Is this why all the really super cool, bad boy-esque dudes tend to end up with the plain janes?? [Also false, what really happens is the girls realize there is no future or benefit to being with bad boys and it's actually a waste of time. This is also induced by the biological clock most women experience. Bad Boys just continue to maintain the status quo until it's too late. so the hotties grab the "decent" selection or go all out and get a stable nerd. then the plain janes who always wanted to try out a bad boy latches on. it's all timing.]  Because they want to make superior babies?? [FALSE, They have no concept of genetics, or superior babies, they just wanna be bad.] cuz the crazies like us (me and my sis) have wrecked our bodies and would spurt out sexyzombies? [...way to stay positive.]

PS: I miss my mums.  I wonder how she's doing in Seoul.  Last i heard, my sis says that she has totally forgotten about Atlanta and doesn't even call anymore...even to check up on the Mimz.  ABANDONED!

PPS:  i cannot wait til my sister flies over here to fix up my place.  She's got a knack for interior design, it's true. 

PPPS:  updated playlist for the Dead of Summer.
  1. Broken Social Scene - Stars and Sons
  2. Minipop - Precious
  3. School Of Seven Bells - My Cabal
  4. School Of Seven Bells- Half Asleep
  5. School of Seven Bells - Windstorm
  6. Immoor - Bows And Arrows

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete