Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Journey: Part 1



I drove. 
I drove in Los Angeles. 


I’m pretty sure this solidifies me as a real losangel. I was about 2 hours early for my first day at my new job so I slayed some mins at my daily joint, urth caffe (BEST ESPRESSO EVARR, like seriously you guys).  It’s about 2 miles from my work so everything is gravy baby. For a while, I was seriously considering moving to New York.  I had a job lined up, outfits planned, happy hour plans made…everything! But when it came down to it, I realized that I wasn’t giving LA a chance. I hit a bump in the road and I wanted to run in the opposite direction as soon as possible.  Lesson Learned: Give every opportunity a fighting chance…whether it’s a job, a new town, a girl, or a boy…Cos at the end of the day, you want to be able to be confident that you did everything possible to make things happen…if not, you’ll regret. And regret gives you wrinkles. Majah no no.  So thanks to Mark, I can drive around and wander and explore.  Thanks to Roberto, I am doing something I’ve always wanted to do. 

Life is good. 

Work....

Work entails being swallowed up by racks and racks of beautiful clothing, swatch samples of decadent fabrics and textiles and lookbooks and all the things that makes me giddy.  It almost feels like I'm in my own closet: a sea of chiffon dresses, sequined tops, gaudy one-of-a-kind statement jewelry, baubles and accessories and italian leather shoes. I don't even care that my hours are long...because for some strange reason, I feel like I'm contributing to society. For the first time in my life, I feel like I'm doing something entirely for me.  I absorb everything that goes on around me at the office...I absorb like a sponge...but a round sponge...because squares are lame. 

i am on cloud 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment