Friday, January 15, 2010

Sweet Tea, Sweet Peas

Chick-Fil-A dinner mints are so delicious. They're not like regular dinner mints. There is a special Chick-Fil-A potion in them. I like to entertain the notion that they add heavy cream to their dinner mints to make them so velvety. But that's kinda gross. They're sweet with a touch of salt, and that is my most favorite flavor profile. I love kettle corn, toffee, and peanut brittle.

Chick-Fil-A sweet tea, however, is not such a homerun. For one thing, it's not brewed strong-and-long enough. True Southern sweet tea has a touch of bitterness. Secondly, it's not nearly sweet enough. The way that my mother makes sweet tea is the way that Jewelle (our elderly Southern belle family friend who knew us as babies) taught her.... and that's an entire box of Lipton boiled in equal parts water and sugar. Authentic Southern sweet tea is basically a simple syrup. We were raised on sweet tea. My mother practically stuck it in our baby bottles. From when we were babies up until ages 6, 5, and 4, my parents owned a soul food diner in the heart of downtown. My first scent memories are onions frying on a greasy hot griddle and my first taste memory is sweet tea.

Anyways, Chick-Fil-A sweet tea. Fail.

Anyways, these are some thoughts i had running through my head around noon today. Also, i've decided i must have a freakin nail in my tire because my TPMS light won't go away. ohhh, bother. *Pooh voice* Here are pix of Peas chatting it up with a mystery male. oh whoooo could it beeeee ... ? And doesn't Peas look sweet?

1 comment: