Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I've been a permanant resident of Los Angeles for exactly seven full days.  The move hasn't really hit me yet.  I'm still in vacation mode!  Temporarily living in a hotel in Beverly Hills doesn't really help either.  Every night felt like an event or something.  My sister left 2 days ago and I've been on my own since.  It's a strange feeling being so far from everything near and dear to my heart...missing everyone and everything but at the same time relishing and soaking in all things LA. 

I love my job.  Yeah, so I'm kinda interning now but everything I've learned so far has left me wanting to know more.  The people I've met so far have been wonderful.  LA is full of career-driven people that aren't afraid to be struggling artists or aspiring actors or whatever.  Just a couple days ago, my sis and i were @ Beverly Center and a guy came up to us on the street writing us some poetry on a piece of paper on the fly.  Funny and thoughtful.  It's all about doing what you love. period. F&%* the money... and the consequences!  So far i feel right at home. I'm living out of six huge boxes and a carry-on.  I'll wake up on a couch one morning and end the night in some hole in the wall eatery laughing and making new friends.  If you happen to see me out and about somewhere, please say hi and let's be friends!  can't have enough of those, right? :)  

I'll write more later.  Back to work! 

This is the scariest most terrifying most exciting adventure i've ever been on.  Let's see where this goes.

xx, Astrid
ps. unnie, please ship my car out to me.  i so need it.  and my blush suede heels, a new blowdryer, my purple toner shampoo, makeup brush, and perfect lipstick.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete