Friday, September 3, 2010

more random peaisms

  1. You can never have too many matching bra and panty sets. Ask my sister-- she swore to kick my ass if I purchased any more undergarments... (so i do it in secret. HA!)  i have a reckless and destructive rship with Kiki de Montparnasse.  It's not even that I love showing off my knickers to beaus.  I just think they're pretty.  When I wake up in the morning and I throw on a tee shirt, I still feel girly with my pretty undergarments.  PLUS, you never know where the day will take you.   *eyebrow wiggle
  2. Heels less than 4" are unacceptable.  Some girls can pull off the kitten heels or the flats or the loafers; i canNOT.  Go high or go flipflop!  When i see Reese Witherspoon in those 3" loo boo tans, i shriek, faint, and die a little inside all melodramatically.  like a black and white silent picture.  
  3. South Park is the funniest show in the world.
  4. Espresso in the morning is absolutely necessary to function.  If I ever turned into a homelesspea, I'd hold up a sign that says, "Will work for espresso beans," anDEN I'd run up to your car and wash your window with starbucks napkins.   and collect the beans in my pockets til i have enough to roast.
  5. I can't stand perfumes and lotions that smell fruity like cheap lotion or antibacterial hand gel.  I've heard that for guys, Bath & Body Works country apple or sun-ripened raspberry lotion on girls = automatic boner potions.  But with fragrances, i always stick to bold scents with spicy and woody notes.  
  6. I won't be the first one to say, "I love you." I'm not brave enough, nor will I ever be.  I already know this.

  7. You can never have too many cocktail dresses... or heels for that matter. I have a closet full of things I have YET to wear. As I shop, I say to maself, "Omigoodness, this would be perfect for ___________."  I get sudden debilitating hot(outfit)flashes when i see the perfect dress for the perfect occasion or outing that would go with a necklace or clutch or shoes i have at home to make the perfect ensemble. So I proceed to the cash register, swipe card, and then hang it in my closet.  Next to all the other abandoned dresses.  It's a SICKNESS.  To me, dresses and heels are like wearable art.  They decorate my place perfectly. 
  8. "A guy and a girl can just be friends, but at one point or another, they will fall for each other...maybe temporarily, maybe at the wrong time, maybe too late, or maybe forever." -Dave Matthews.  I LOVE THIS QUOTE!  that's why i put it on our side bar over there. ===>
  9. Having a boyfriend is like finding a quarter on the sidewalk.  You get really happy cos you found something shiny and... omigat!! It's head's up! BUT having a girlfriend is like finding $20 in your back pocket.  You forget it was there, but unexpectedly, when you slip your hand back there and find it, it saves you. $20 = Girlfriends.  $0.25 = Boyfriends.
  10. Meeting people who can consume large quantities of alcohol - what's more impressive and fun that that?  BUT!  It's cooler for someone who can't drink to just NOT drink, instead of trying to pound away, turning beet purple, getting kicked out of club, and puking all over the place.  Why's it so unnervingly gross when guys puke?  MEN are NOT supposed to be alcoholically vulnerable like that!  PERIOD!
  11. Make me laugh and I'll give you my heart forever.
  12. Date Older. I have this weird obsession with guys in their 30's.  Maybe it's the daddy issues creeping in somewhere... but as long as I've known myself, I've adored older men.  I'm a wide-eyed child in awe of everything they do and say.   My sis says i need to stop this because i'm too immature for an older guy.
  13. JUXTAPOSE EVERYTHING!!   that is my cardinal rule of dressing.  JUXTAPOSITION. 
  14. Liquids that will always be stocked in my fridge till I'm old and gray:  Simply Orange OJ, Beer (for guests), H2O, Cranberry juice, Ginger Ale, Diet Dr. Pepper, Patron, Ketel, some type of Dry Champagne.  Oh, and dry white wine - my sister says you cannot cook anything without a good sauvignon blanc.  A little for the chicken, a bottle for the cook. 
  15. When in doubt, blackout.  Oh, i'm just kidding. well, sort of. 
  16. Be nice to the door man. 'Cos he'll carry your groceries to your door.
     
  17. Music rocks my world. I'll marry a gittar player one day. But he must also be a professional baseball player too... cos i promised my gramma.  (She's obsessed with the Braves).
  18. Getting older has taught me one important truth: Being an adult and growing up is tough. It's not easy. So find the person(s) that makes it exciting...adventurous... and never let go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment